Do No Harm
- We avoid industries that most negatively contribute to climate change and human health. This includes Fossil Fuels, Weapons, Gambling, Tobacco, Alcohol, Cannabis, and Predatory Lending.
- We identify and screen out companies based on their revenue exposure to these industries.
- We also avoid companies that engage in controversial business practices.
- We are investors at our core, so financial return is foundational to our decision making process.
- We believe that Socially Responsible Investing can be used as a tool to augment return potential.
- We use both fundamental and quantitative techniques in our investment process.
- We follow a core and satellite approach that combines active and passive investing.
Identify Emerging Themes
- We believe there are long-term trends that are occurring in society and on the planet, such as an aging population, a warming climate, and increased urbanization.
- We look for emerging themes that will be amplified by these trends, such as energy transition, sustainable urban development, and modernization of human health care.
- We invest in innovative companies that capitalize on these themes, have strong fundamental valuations, and Socially Responsible Investing merits.